The electrical power supply to your home is delivered through either overhead cable or an underground conduit. The cables run through a meter to measure the amount of power you use for billing purposes to you local utility and then they are routed to a main panel box. The main feed cables must be sized correctly to supply your home with adequate power for the comfortable and safe operation of the equipment currently being used. Many new homebuyers ask, “can I add central air conditioning or a home office”. Although your inspector does not do an electrical load calculation for this purpose, he will be able to guide you on what type of system expansion is possible and advise you about the current supply of electricity to your home.

Related topics: Electrical Circuit Protectors Wiring Outlets, Switches & Fixtures Panel Box